Signs Your Car Needs a Check Up
Life can get busy around Lincoln, but making time for your routine maintenance services will pay off in the long run. What are the signs that your car needs a check up? Anything out of the ordinary is worth a trip to the service center, including strange sounds and strange performance during your normal commutes. Here are some of them most common signs your car needs a tune up:
Signs Your Car Needs an Inspection
- Warning Lights: Your dashboard contains tons of symbols that illuminate when something needs attention. It could be as serious as an engine problem or as simple as a burnt out taillight, but your technician can easily diagnose and fix the issue with the right tools.
- Stalling: If your vehicle stalls, it’s time to schedule a service. This can put you in danger on the Omaha roads, and you deserve a reliable ride. While the most common issues are bad spark plugs or fuel filters, get the problem diagnosed by a professional immediately.
- Hard Start: Does your car hesitate to start up in the morning? This can be the result of anything from a bad battery to a malfunctioning starter, which can lead to a sluggish performance overall.
- Rough Shifting: Abrupt or rough shifting can indicate an issue with your transmission fluid, filters, screens, or any other components. A little maintenance or a full repair may be needed.
- Poor Fuel Economy: If you feel like you’re filling up at the gas pump too often, it may be a sign that your car isn’t running as efficiency as it should be. You can compare your current gas milage against your baseline fuel economy if you know it, or you can compare it to the EPA-estimated fuel economy for your make and model.
- Noisy Brakes: Squeaking and squealing brakes can be a sign of thinning brake pads or rotors. Additionally, a “spongy” feeling when you press down on the brake pedal can be cause for concern.
- Other Noises: Your car should be quiet, so sometimes strange noises can reveal quite a bit about your car’s performance. Low power steering fluid can cause a stealing sound when turning, while noises from your wheels can indicate a balance issue.
- Slow Acceleration: If your car can’t get up to speed like it normally does, this can be a major cause for concern – especially on those Seward highways. We recommend scheduling your service immediately.
- Odd Vibrations: Feeling vibrations from the steering wheel or the brakes are common signs that your car needs a check up. This is often the result of tire, steering, or suspension issues.
Schedule Your Service at Sid Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
You’ve read the most common signs your car needs a check-up, and whether you need maintenance or a repair, Sid Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is here for all of your automotive needs. Contact us with any questions or concerns, and be sure to schedule your appointment at your convenience in Crete.
More from Sid Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Owning a RAM 1500 invariably means you work hard. As a result of your work ethic, your pickup goes through a lot. In order to help your truck keep up with demand, you’ll want to follow a routine RAM 1500 maintenance schedule. Following a proper service plan will ensure that you can take on the…
If you’re in need of a strong RAM pickup that can assist you with any task that comes your way around Lincoln, then you’re sure to appreciate the new 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity. So, how much can the RAM 1500 tow? This varies depending on which engine you have, but when equipped with…
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L provides third-row seating and plenty of room, which is perfect for growing families in need of additional space, and you can explore it further with the team at Sid Dillon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. This third-row vehicle offers enough seating to comfortably fit seven passengers while retaining incredible rugged 4×4 capabilities that Jeep drivers…